I feel like it’s been slow-going for the past week or so. I don’t think that’s actually the case, though. It’s probably just because I’ve been sick.
I assembled my Doomwheel. Not all the way, since I’d like to be able to paint the thing. It’s in as few subassemblies as possible (each wheel, the gears that hold the wheels in place, the top-front bracket and everything else). I put blu-tac on each contact point; this protects the spot from primer and paint, which means the glue will actually work.
I’ve been focusing on my Skavenslaves. I’ve done too much fiddling with one-off things when I really need to focus on putting more painted bodies on the table. Although I’ve fiddled with the Doomwheel, my goal is to do a block of slaves and a block of Giant Rats before I really work on anything else.
That said, a week or so ago, Ron posted his technique for painting pale skin, which I’d been looking forward to. I really want to use it on my Bloodletters, but I’m not sure that it’s going to work out the way I’d like. I did try a couple of variations on it, and ended up doing this to a Warrior Priest I had laying around.
I went ahead and finished it off. I even tried my hand at wet-blending on his robes. For a first attempt, it could have been a lot worse… but it’s far from perfect.
I really hate those spots where the paint gets rubbed off and no amount of paint will ever stick there again. It happened to my Gorax, and it happened along the edge of this guy’s robes.
I’m very satisfied with the skintone, though.