I got to do something on Saturday I haven’t been able to do in kind of a while: nothing. My wife and I puttered around all day, sleeping in and catching up on the new Doctor Who. That meant I had a lot of time to sit at my desk and get some things done.
I haven’t really accomplished much of anything, hobby-wise, since I wrapped up the Sternguard, so this was nice.
First off, I finished painting the mini for my Dark Heresy character: Caleb Plex, Scum.
The base is a Micro Art Studio Temple base, and it’s pretty swank.
I’m unhappy with the stubble effect, though. I’ve done it before, successfully, but here it comes across more like a beard than stubble. I probably needed to mix a bit of brown in there.
Additionally, I managed to assemble a second quartet of Bloodcrushers.
Nothing fancy, here. Pretty much just the same thing I had before. The other unpainted guys are Forgeworld Renegade Psykers, which I’m going to use as objective markers. I need to paint them, as well.
Finally, because I had to wait on greenstuff to cure and because it was on my mind, I started painting a few Malifaux minis. Specifically, three Witchling Stalkers.
They’re actually pretty close to being done: just need to do the bases, the swords and the boots. I experimented with them a bit, and I’ll probably get into a little more detail about how when they’re done.