It bears repeating that the Iron Fist League will be running Rapid Fire for both 40K and Fantasy at Games Day this year.
The format is, at its heart, the same as the Rapid Fire tournament Matt H and I run every year at Game Vault: play small games, fast. It’s a good format for Games Day, because you can play as many games as you feel like… and no more.
Composition rules (which aren’t exactly on the GW website, beyond “500/800”) are:
- Max 500pts from a current, published GW codex
- Force Org: 0-1 HQ, 1+ Troops, 0-1 Elite, 0-1 Fast, 0-1 Heavy Support
- Max 250pts on any single unit
- Max 100pts on any single model
- No 2+ Saves
- No Model with more than 2 wounds
- Max 800 pts from a current published GW Army Book
- All GW FAQ/Errata applicable to the chosen GW Army Book are in use.
- Army must have a character model (Lord or Hero) acting as its General *
- Army is subject to the following additional composition limits: (0-25% Lords, 0-25% Heroes, 0-25% Rares, 0-50% Specials, 25%-100% Core, 2+ non-character units)
* Tomb Kings may use a Liche Priest as both the Heirophant and General.
I’ll be working the IFL tables… probably the Fantasy ones, but that’s not a lock. Stop by and say hello if you’re going to be there. Or, better yet, bring an army and get a couple of quite games in!