A day late, sure, but it’s got to be Wednesday somewhere, right? (What do you mean that’s not how it works?)
Sigmar help me, I’ve actually done some painting. Not a lot, but given how the past month’s been: I’ll take what I can get.
There’s been quite a bit of faffing around with the exact paint color scheme I want to use on my Tau 2.0. I’m still not sure that I’m in love with it, but it’s definitely Good Enough.
Here’s a finished, final model: all he needs is some static grass on the base and varnishing. Sean P. will likely be happy to note that, in the end, I went with Dragonforge’s Lost Empires bases. In the end, it came down to variety, and thinking I could get the effect I wanted. It’s turned out okay, I think.
The only thing I’m unhappy with is the Fire Caste symbol. Previously, I’d painted it black-on-white, and I don’t think it ever looked good. The slightest imperfection in getting lines straight and shapes even stood out. I did some quick alternative color mockups below: the second from the left might have hastily been done in Gimp, but it’s not too far from what black-on-white actually looks like. :/
The more I think about it, the more I like the rightmost one. I think I’m going to give that a spin before I hit the model with varnish.
Hopefully, I’ll be able to make good, quick progress with these guys.