So, I did a bunch of Marker Drones.
I’m digging on the idea of a Commander with some Marker Drones hooking up with a squad of Marker Drones for some BS 5 laser-pointing. So, here’s 6.
They were a simple conversion: the base Drone bits + XV8 heads. That’s it. Nothing else. Really, the beauty of the Tau army is that you really can almost get away with just gluing whatever to whatever.
I’m planning on doing a lot more flavor text on the models in this army. With the drones, I checked out this font, and numbered them all MD01 through MD06. Because everything in this army tends to run in 6’s (well, 3’s, 6’s, and 12’s; just like my Khorne army’s all 2’s, 4’s, 8’s, and 16’s), I’m probably going to make all my numbering base-6 (so the next Marker Drone will be MD10). Gun Drones and Shield Drones will be GD01 and SD01 respectively. Not sure what I’ll do for Missile Drones.
Since I broke out the lightbox, I figured I’d shove the test Fire Warrior into it, too.