Stuarts – Completed

I finished* the four Stuarts (3 Rubicon M5A1s and 1 Company B M3 Satan)  I’d been working on yesterday.  They are a far, far, far cry from perfect (or even good), but I’m done with them and they’re easily the best vehicles I’ve painted yet.

Definitely came away with a bunch of things I need to work on.  I have miles and miles to go with weathering powders, but I feel like maybe they’re starting to make sense to me. Ditto the airbrush: I need a lot of practice with it, but it really clicked for me during this process.  Rather than focus on what’s wrong with these, I’m going to choose to simply be pleased with them. (Unlike the looted Italian vehicles I painted for my Partisans, which I’m so disgusted with I won’t photograph them.)

Stuart 1 RStuart 1 L Stuart 2 RStuart 2 L Stuart 3 RStuart 3 L Stuart 4 RStuart 4 L

And, even though there’s a ton of stuff to work on, there are definitely a couple of notes here where I think things Worked.

Stuart Detail (3)  Stuart Detail (5)  Stuart Detail (4)  Stuart Detail (2)  Stuart Detail (1)

 

* As I took the pictures, I realized I’d neglected headlights. Sigh

  • Drathmere

    Don’t be so harsh! I think these look good.

    • I need to use a sponge for chipping, not a brush. I need to use a lighter touch with the application of rust wash, especially so it looks runnier and not just blotted on. I need to figure out the right way to apply pigments to get the texture that’s a such a big part of the point while managing my need to Dulcote All The Things.

      But, still: these are the best tanks I’ve ever done. The next ones will be better, but these are the best yet. I need to not lose sight of that.