On my way out the door to a conference, I snapped a quick status shot of the Great War Germans I’ve been working on.
I’d gotten stopped up a little bit, as I took on too large of a batch at once (and not helped by including the 7.62cm Krupp IGs in the batch), but finally managed to squeeze it out. Now, I’m back on track painting up infantry platoons, which move along very, very quickly. Especially given that I’ve gotten pretty good about moving on to the next step on the next batch while wash is drying on my current batch means that when [Current Batch] is just about done, [Current Batch+1] is halfway done.
Anyway: wrapping up my third Infanterie platoon, making tracks on my first Stoss platoon. Those’ll be a little different, since I’ll be painting their helments with buntfarbenanstrich to help distinguish them from the regular infantry bases. We’ll see how much of a pain in the ass that’ll be, but overall: the Stosstruppen should paint up very, very quickly. Then it’s some A7Vs and horse-drawn limbers and I’m 100% painted with all of them.
It’s been hugely inspiring to just bang these out: inspiring enough to motivate me to pick up some of the new FoW Pacific USMC. Not a lot, but a non-zero amount.