Wow, did I bite off more than I could easily chew with this batch of Battletech. I’d started with too large a set of models, got them to the point where they were ready for decals and enamels and then added three more! Whatever I was thinking, it wasn’t clearly.

Well, they’re almost done now, thankfully. All I have to do is base them, which hopefully will happen tonight.

My process for these guys is actually very simple: base color, edge highlight, pick out the corners with an even more extreme highlight, then drench the sucker in an oil or enamel wash, which I then clean up a few hours later. I like to do cockpits, stripes, and pick out parts I’d call “black, metal” to add some realism, but it’s not complicated.

I thought it’d be fun to take some in progress photos of pre-, mid-, and post- enamels, so that’s what I did.

Here are some closer shots, of just the Nova.

I also got started on Skabbik’s Plaguepack, because Underworlds is on the table again and I’m excited about the models. Gonna be sick of green, though…